In April, 1982, the Federal Goveernment of Nigeria, through its agency on Education, the National Council on Education formally recognised College of Education , Agbor, as an NCE awarding institution, thus making its Certificates acceptable in all parts of the Federal and beyond. The College graduate its first batch of NCE holders in june, 1983.
The NCCE recently approved Early Childhood Care Education (ECCe), Physical and health Education (PHE) and Christian Religious Studies (CRG) as new programmes to be run by the College. The approval of these new programmes necesitated the appointment of new Lecturers and the employment of non- academic staff to cater for these new academic programmes, providing employment opportunities' to our teeming unemployed graduan1s. In a bid to meet the yearning educational needs of Deltans, Part-time NCE/Weekend NCE cources are run in lrri and Kwale outreach centres.
2. The college is also running a Degree Programme affiliated to Delta State University, Abraka which started in 2006/2007 academic session, and we are proud to say that we have successfully graduated the first set of students, who (-,ire alrea(Aly collecting their certificates.
3. Oncomoming on board, the incumbent Provost, Dr. Duke O. Ckobia put behind him the infighting that existed in the College about the time he was appointed as the Provost.
4. Over the years, the College has benefitted from Tertiary Education Trust Fund Completed projects with funds from ETF Include.
1. A Library building complex
2. 250KVA Electricity Generator
3. School of languages block for lecture and offices
4. 1000 sitting capacity lecture hall
5. The College has procured several equipment that will enhance learning. For instance, the College laboratories have been renovated and equipped. Chairs for lectures have been procured for the ever increasing students' population and all Heads of Departments (HODS) and Deans' offices have been newly furnished with modem office equipment including air conditioners.
6. College Management has become more effective in combating cultism, examination malpractice, certificate forgeries, immorality and other criminal acts by students.